In 1966, Louis Seretis purchased a small confectionary. He named it Orapax for the street upon which the front door opened. Longshoremen, railroad workers, and other locals came to play pool and purchase medicine, cigars, beer, and a “Poorman’s Sandwich,” spam and cheese on white bread. In 1973 Louis replaced the sandwich with his own original Greek pizza. The result was truly astonishing! Orapax became known throughout Norfolk as “The Place to Eat.” His son Nick joined him in business in 1982. Today, walking in his father’s shoes, Nick considers Orapax his own dining room.
1300 Redgate Ave, Virginia, United States 23507